Thursday, July 21, 2011

7/21/2011

Hey Gang,

Just got back from a trip to Snoqualmie. It was actually a lot shorter drive than I expected. It usually takes me about 45 minutes to get to Tulalip and the drive to Snoqualmie took me about 25 minutes. Definite plus right here. When I arrived in the poker room there were 3 2/5 tables and 1 4/8 limit game running. I got seated pretty quickly at a table that turned out to be pretty damn juicy. There were a few people just playing every hand and calling down super light. I am trying to implement a new strategy based around limping more and just trying to take advantage of people playing terribly postflop.

While getting accustomed to my new table, I slowly bled off $200 of my initial $300 buyin. I topped off and got into a hand with 77. I opened the action in EP and got 3 callers. Came down 654ss and the huge fish led for 25 and I raised it up to 75. I got this old guy to flat and the fish called as well. The turn was the 3x and it got checked to me and I just shipped my remaining 125 into the pot. The old guy called and the river came 5x and he turns over AKss for the missed FD. At this time we were playing shorthanded so I was playing in a ton of pots with the huge fish but he kept getting some super premium hands.

The next hand of the night came when we got another table to combine with ours and a older Vietnamese dude sat down with about 3k. He was limping and calling every single raise preflop and tried to bluff a ton. I opened AA UTG and he flats as well as the huge fish. It comes down 977ss and I cb 50 and viet dude calls. Turn is the 6s and I check and he bets 120. I look back at my cards and see that I have the As just in case. The river is a 3x and it gets checked down and I scoop. I elected to c/c turn and check river because I didn't want to get blown off the hand and wasn't sure if he'd call more streets with weaker hands.

The next orbit I get JJ in the CO and I raise it up big because the fish were L/C raises to 50. The viet guy and the huge fish call again and the flop comes down 972r. I cb 65 and the viet guy raises to 140. He has been raising a lot of TP type of hands so I elected to flat with about 550 behind. The turn is the Tx and I check and he bets out 210. I decide to ship it because he can call with a lot of worse hands and I didn't feel like folding to this dude. He ended up tanking and saying how this would be a crazy call. He ended up calling because he said there was too much money in the pot and the river came like a 3x and I ended up scooping. He later told me had 98.

The last orbit I played I picked up AA in MP and raised to 45 after a couple limpers came in and they all called along with the viet guy. Flop came down KQ9dd and it got checked to me and I led for 90 and the viet guy called again. I observed that he would play his strong hands aggressively on the flop so when he called I put him on a pair or diamonds. The turn was a 7x and he c/c again my bet of 140. The river brought the 3x and he checked again and this is where I might have messed up. I thought his range consisted of more diamonds than kings, and didn't want him shoving over my vb so I ended up checking and he said he had a king and I scoop. Take into account that I have been on a downswing so I took the lower variant play but it might have cost me some money.


Session 5 Recap-
Time: 6 hours
Buyin: $500
Stakes: 2/5 NL
Cashout: $1640
Profit: +1140


It feels incredible to finally get a winning session under my belt after running so bad for so long. I will definitely be hitting up Sno in the future and hope that things will work out.

I also forgot to mention that Sno has hourly $200 high hands through 2am so that was pretty cool as well as having a Monte Carlo for quads or better.

Cheers,

mazzler

1 comment:

Robert said...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM